The Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna in Pisa is collecting expressions of interest (until July 8, 2015) to become part of its tenured faculty in the following Institutes and areas:
- Biomedical Engineering (level: Associate Professor) in the field of BioRobotics.
Candidates with interest in any of the research areas carried on at the BioRobotics Institute, or willing to pursue deeply innovative research areas in the field, are encouraged to apply. Information on the scope and activities on BioRobotics pursued at the Institute is available at its website.
Institute of Communication, Information and Perception Technologies (TeCIP)
- Computer Engineering (level: Associate Professor) in the field of real-time embedded systems, schedulability analysis, real-time applications.
Candidates should have a strong expertise on one or more of the following research areas:
- operating systems
- schedulability theory
- distributed and multicore embedded.
More information about the TeCIP Institute is available at its website.
Institute of Law, Politics and Development (DIRPOLIS)
- Applied Legal Theory (level: Full Professor) with special reference to the Rule of Law in the State and Supranational Context.
European politics/comparative politics (level: Full Professor or Associate Professor) with a focus on new challenges to democratic political systems. More information about the DIRPOLIS Institute is available at its website. For more information about this call visit this link.
Institute of Management
- Management (level: Full Professor or Associate Professor) with particular attention to one or more of the following areas: healthcare management, innovation management, sustainability management.
Candidates must meet the following teaching and research qualification criteria:
- Research: the candidates must hold an outstanding ranking in their discipline in terms of quantity and quality of scientific publications; bibliometric criteria may be used if relevant for the scientific area.
- Teaching: Experience in teaching activity in post-graduate courses, particularly in PhD programs.
- Participation in Research Projects: candidates are required to have been involved in research projects funded through competitive calls e.g. European ERC grants, “Framework Programs” (eg, Networks of Excellence, FET, Integrated Projects, STReP, etc) Marie Curie actions, as well as national funding agencies. Ability in fundraising is welcome.
- Publishing activity: the roles of editor and associate editor of scientific journals, editor of book series and other publishing activities or leadership roles in scientific associations hold by the candidates will be considered.
Knowledge of the Italian language is not required, ability to teach in English is mandatory.
The Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna guarantees equal gender opportunities in recruitment and career, and welcomes applications from women.
Candidates are invited to express their interest by sending an email at this address (with the subject INTERNATIONAL SCOUTING APPLICATION) and are required to attach their curriculum vitae, a brief description of their teaching and research activity and to explain why they are interested in this call.
The deadline for expressions of interest is July 8, 2015.
The Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna guarantees that all applications will be processed confidentially.
Terms and Conditions
The starting gross salary for Associate Professor is € 50.831, for Full Professor is €72.431 and can be increased based on seniority and qualification. The severance pay is equal to 13,5% of the yearly gross salary. The employer pays social security charges.
About the Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna
The Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna is a public university institute – with special autonomy – working in the field of applied sciences: Economics and Management, Law, Political Sciences, Agricultural Sciences and Plant Biotechnology, Medicine, and Industrial and Information Engineering.
The Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna aims at experimenting innovative paths in research and education.
Professors and researchers live and interact with the students, day after day, enjoying a continuous cultural and intellectual exchange. Innovative ideas, which are then developed in collaboration with foreign universities, organizations, companies and research institutes, are generated here.